Thursday, March 05, 2015

My First Mixed Media Canvas

The nail polish picture is painted with acrylics on a 10x8" canvas and then I added texture around it with stencils and modelling paste and also just paint. Then I started adding things like metal flowers, painted fabric flowers, buttons, resin pieces with the actual nail polish in them, a watch face, a mirror pendant, and some beads. Then I decorated a 14x11" wrapped canvas and put the 10x8 canvas board inside the back of it to frame it. It took quite a few days to put it all together.




I also recently finished a digital painting of a polar bear. Prints are available on Fine Art America and Pixels.com. This is one of the polar bears that live in the Assiniboine Park Zoo in Winnipeg and his name is Storm.
http://pixels.com/featured/polar-bear-michelle-moroz-chymy.html

2 comments:

kutedymples said...

Very nice, sure looks worth the hours you put into it. Also love your Polar Bear. What program do you use for your digital paintings?

Michelle said...

Thank you. I used TwistedBrush for this one.