Monday, March 30, 2015

Easter Eggs

It has been years since I last made Easter eggs (pysanky). They are very time consuming, it takes all afternoon to do two. It was always hard for me to put other things aside but this year I decided it was time to do some again. I got 12 done, though one kind of got messed up when I tried to use Folkart's acrylic gloss on it, the one on the right side with the red and white cross in the middle. Perhaps it was because it is water based. When I started smearing it on it was picking up colour so I wiped it off but wiped too much and removed some colour from one side of the egg. But I have ideas for how to still make good use of it.

My mom already bought two of these. The rest will be for summer craft sales.



I also tried something new. I painted Easter eggs on poster board with my Derwent Graphik paint pens and made polymer clay bases and turned them into pendants and earrings.


No comments: