Friday, May 26, 2017

Challenges

One of the things that keeps me painting is the acrylic challenges at wetcanvas.com.

Back in January the theme was skies, and we were supposed to paint three different skies, but I only managed to get two done, a sunrise and a sunset.  I have always wondered if there was an observable difference between sunrises and sunsets. One web page I looked at says there is basically no difference so I could tell you that this painting is either a sunrise or a sunset, but I choose to call it a sunrise.






In this one, though, anyone local would know the direction we are facing. And for those who don't, this is a sunset.




February's challenge was opposites. I went with soft and hard and painted paws holding a rock on a wooden circle which I later turned into a brooch with a polymer clay bezel.





The March challenge was tonalism, spring, and a big brush which was interesting but, well, you can see how that went in my video. https://youtu.be/Nd1Liyq-F7I

April's challenge was to paint in the style of Moriandi and keep it very soft and pastel. This was an introduction to Moriandi for me and it isn't easy to paint in a different style but I think I managed to get some of his influence in this.




And in this month's challenge we were given a few very vague and blurry images to choose from as a starting point. I chose this one:



Here is my first layer of paint:



And this is what I came up with:

No comments: