Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Art Journal Page 1

I recently decided to start an art journal, and what better time than at the beginning of a new year. This journal is a way to try new things and experiment and just have fun. No pressure to make a masterpiece, as you can see here. I wanted to keep it simple but it still took me all afternoon.

The background is acrylic paint and represents the way my mind feels sometimes, exploding with ideas, and also hope for a bright future. The writing is on painted card stock and done with black embossing powder. Same with the numbers but with gold glitter embossing powder and outlined with a black Derwent Graphik pen. The outer edges of the number cards are outlined with a gold Sharpie, which I also used in the corners. It was a good learning experience and reminder of things I already knew, like I know that red is very transparent and that I should have used the purple more sparingly.

This is a Fabriano book. The two page spread is 11 1/2 x 8 1/4".


No comments: