Wednesday, May 14, 2014

My Dragons

Many years ago I painted a couple of dragons on the computer and then decided to make an illustrated book with them. I haven't worked on it very regularly though, so it still is not done. And then I had a big setback when my computer crashed in the fall.  I was behind on backing things up and lost a few pages.

Over the last few months I have been redoing what I lost, and reviewing the previous pages I had finished, discovering changes that had not been backed up and had to be done again. I'm finally caught up and I got one more page done. I plan on doing four more pages for the book. For anyone not familiar with digital painting, you might think it is fast and easy, but it is not. The way I paint these pictures takes a long time so I hope to get the last four pages done by fall. Plus, I like to take my acrylics out once in a while too.

Here are a few crops for a peek at what I have been doing:



No comments: