Sunday, February 02, 2014

Preciosa

Stocking up on beads and watching beading videos has led me to learn about Preciosa and to discover their bead contest. And this led to a personal challenge to create something using only Preciosa beads. Just a couple pairs of earrings, I thought.

Being the end of January, I guess I was ready to start thinking about spring and I created this flower vine using these amethyst AB flowers with medium green and lime green size 11 seed beads.

Then I used the flowers again to make a wreath shape along with more green seed beads, pearl white seed beads, and emerald AB 3 mm round beads. I only wish I could take better photos so that you could see how nice the pearl beads are.

Next I used some crystal AB double cones and honey AB bicones with some pearl seed beads and 3mm copper luster beads.






I thought the lime green seed beads were such a pretty colour and also loved the sheen of the pearl beads, so I used them to try out the spiral stitch for the first time. First a spiral doughnut with a loop of 3mm emerald beads for the earrings, then I made a bangle with the 3mm beads mixed in.





There are many more Preciosa beads in my stash and I'm looking forward to using them.

No comments: