Sunday, May 25, 2008

Yellow and stuff

Earlier this month I painted a small picture for the wetcanvas different strokes project. This month they posted three pictures of cats and we had to use at least two of them in a painting. My first thought was of a throne room, and then I looked at the expressions of those cats, and I came up with this. It is 5x7" on posterboard and I framed it and gave it to my mom for Mother's Day.

I also recently finished my cross stitching project, called Cozy Winter Twilight, which I had started about a year ago. It is about 5x18" and the pattern is from a booklet. Now I'm doing another birth announcement border, just to be prepared, plus I needed to do something simple after that detailed picture.

And I have completed Yellow in my rainbow series. The background was frustrating, the lemon and flower were ok, but the banana was really easy.

No comments: