Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Lazy days

I will just admit it right now... I am lazy. I wish I wasn't, but it just happens. Lately, though, I blame the weather. We had quite a few gloomy, rainy days and it was hard to concentrate on anything. I did start drawing a picture of a bridge last week. Another thing I had been meaning to do for a long time. It's an old bridge that can be seen from the highway. A nostalgic local attraction. On Friday I started colouring it with coloured pencils, but didn't get very far. I haven't really done anything with coloured pencils yet, but I have already discovered that it is hard to use them for very long.

Then I started playing Empire Earth, which I've had for a long time but hadn't played it yet. I played it a lot over the weekend and finished the Greek campaign. I also did some necessary household chores. And I did some cross stitching. Whenever there is a new baby in the family I cross stitch a birth announcement with a Ukrainian border, and that is what I have been working on since there is one coming soon.

I finally went back to that picture yesterday, but only for a little while. My goal this afternoon is to finish it.

So maybe my house isn't sparkling and my yard looks half finished all the time, but I do get things done sometimes. I can't do everything so my priorities are with my art. And maybe I have a bit of a gaming addiction, but there are worse things to be addicted to.

1 comment:

Pixie Brearley said...

Michelle you are about as lazy as my 2 year old. :p Don't be so hard on yourself you are always creating such great things!